Wednesday, December 31, 2014

November 2014: Home Improvement Month

 Chris and I focused on home improvements this month. 
Finished Ceiling Trim

New Sink

Painted Fire Place Wall where more shelving will go

Wall Paneling, and Floor Trim
Okay, I'll just come out and say it. I know nothing at all about home improvements. However, Chris's Dad offered to come out and help Chris get some things fixed up around the house. We now have a new sink! Which is a great improvement from the old beat up one we had before. For those of you that don't know it was ceramic and was stained and cracked, not to mention the faucet was leaking. We now have a beautiful stainless steal sink with a SPRAYER! I love the sprayer, but Chris tried to ban me from using it because I end up getting everything surrounding the sink wet when I try to spray things down, but I Unbanned myself because I love using it so damn much! Chris's Dad and brother also assisted us in getting the trim down down stairs. For those of you that don't know, last summer our basement flooded, we had to replace the entire floor with laminate flooring. Once we replaced it, the only thing left to do was to put the trim in, but we didn't have the time or the money to do so for quite a while. Chris's Dad did it for us as a Christmas present which was just wonderful of him. During the time of the flooding, Chris also tore out the fire place leaving an ugly section of the wall showing in its place. During Home Improvement month, We sanded down the wall, and while I worked a 12 hour shift, Chris got the wall painted, it looks so much nicer now! We also have new paneling down stairs and Chris took down the projector shelf that was in the ceiling and finished the trim along the wall. Everything looks so nice. I will include pictures, but I only have the after pictures, not the before pictures. Our carpet is disgusting. I spent 1.5 hours trying to use oxyclean and an iron to get the stains out of the carpet and it was a huge waste of my time. Chris and I discussed that because of our dog Malcolm thinking that the carpet is for peeing on, we will need to replace the carpet with laminate flooring like we have downstairs and then just replace the carpeting in the bedrooms. I like this plan, because every time I clean the house, the carpet makes me sick to look at, it is just so stained and it grosses me out. We still have a lot of work to do, but it is coming along nicely, We hope to get our  house projects finished by the end of 2016 depending on what kind of help we can get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment