Wednesday, December 31, 2014

September 2014: Saving Money Month

In September Chris and I decided because we were both feeling low on cash, that we would try and curb our spending for the month. I'd say we did okay with this goal. Neither Chris or I over spent on food. What I mean by this is that we chose to eat at home instead of going out, and when we went grocery shopping we stuck to the essentials and didn't spend extra money on expensive gluten free items or treats. I often get food cravings and have a hard time not allowing myself to have whatever it is I am craving. During this time, I had to be very careful not to allow myself these cravings. For example, I will often crave Pizza, but even if I make my own pizza, the gluten free part makes it expensive. We also spent a good amount of our time staying in. We didn't go out to dinner, or go out to movies, or do anything that required us to spend extra money. We spent a lot of our nights in November watching tv or movies, playing games with friends, or playing video games. During this time, I was able to save enough money in my account to have a bit of a cushion, as well as put extra money into our savings account for the wedding. This month of saving allowed Chris and I to be able to put down our deposit for the Tent rental! 

No comments:

Post a Comment